This instrument is a portable digital meter to measure low resistances over the range 0.001Ω to 200Ω. A high degree of accuracy is achieved by utilising a four terminal input to eliminate errors caused by test lead length.
The instrument is small, light weight and is used easily in one hand with only an ON button to operate. It has auto- ranging, auto-decimal point and auto-powerdown after three minutes. It has long battery life and is powered by a single PP3 or MN1604 battery.
One of the most important features of the Milliohm Meter is its low (5mA) test current. This ensures that the contact being tested is not ‘cleaned’ by the test current which can happen when higher test currents are used. This ‘cleaning’ of the contact under test leads to erroneous measurements.
- Relay, switch and connector contact
- PC-plated through holes
- PC track resistance
- Transformer and motor windings
- Ring circuit testing
- Earth conductor continuity
- Wire-wrapped and solder joints
- RFI shielding and coil resistance
- Network cabling
- Aircraft bonding check
- 0.1% accuracy
- Only 5mA test current
- Single push button operation
- Auto switch-off after three minutes
- 20 hours continuous operation (from standard PP3 battery)
- Four terminal input
- Lightweight and portable
Accurate readings every time
Spring clip connectors
- Plug either black plug into either black socket in the top of the instrument and red plugs into red sockets
- Clip leads to circuit or component to be tested. Ensure that both faces of clip make good electrical contact
- Press the ON button to read resistance.
Included as standard.
Probe and contact connector
- Insert plugs into their respective sockets as illustrated. The outer plugs form the current circuit via the clips. The inner plugs (with yellow bands) connect the probes in the voltage measuring circuit
- Clip leads to circuit under tester
- Press ON button to read resistance when probes are in contact with the circuit.
Optional extra, supplied as pair of connectors with probes. Part Code: B210-110.
Interpreting the display
- The Milliohm Meter will read directly in ohms or in milliohms
- Fluctuating readings displayed. Check that the clips are making good contact with the circuit under test, then look for the cause of intermittency, e.g. dry solder joint, oxydised or corroded terminals; slight mechanical movement of the component(s) in the circuit under test should quickly reveal the source of the problem
- Flashing “1” indicates that resistance in circuit exceeds 200 ohms
- “LO-BAT” displayed indicates low battery.
Slide down the cover at the rear, bottom of the instrument. Fit new battery 9V (PP3 MN1604 or equivalent). Replace cover.
The ratio between the current and the voltage drop is calculated by the instrument using Ohm’s law (R=E/I) to display the result in ohms. Four clips would normally be required for connection but this could be tedious so a form of clip is used with the Milliohm Meter.
The jaws are moulded in robust plastic and inset into each jaw face is a copper / silver inlay contact; these are insulated from each other by the plastic mouldings. One contact face on each clip is connected to the current- generating circuit, the other face is connected to the voltage-measuring circuit. In this way four wires are connected instantly by two clips.
The resistance of the connecting wires plays no part in the measuring so no “backing-off” is required as would be the case if a multi-meter were to be used for the same measurement.
|Ranges||1.999Ω, 19.99Ω, 199.9Ω|
|Increments||0.001Ω, 0.01Ω, 0.1Ω|
|Accuracy||±0.1% of range|
|Temperature Drift||0.013%/ °C of lowest range|
|Display||31/2 digit LCD|
|Battery||9V (PP3 MN1604 or equivalent)|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 35°C|
|Weight (including case and leads)||510g|
|Dimensions (in case)||150mm (H) x 145mm (W) x 45mm (D)|
|Dimensions (out of case)||150mm (H) x 80mm (W) x 38mm (D)|
Free extended warranty
Free extended 2 year warranty: Requires registration at www.rhopointinstruments.com/help-services/forms-feedback/instrument-registration/ within 28 days of purchase. Without registration, 1 year standard warranty applies.
Calibration and service
Fast and economic service via our global network of accredited calibration and service centres. Please visit www.rhopointinstruments.com/help-services/calibration-servicing/ for detailed information.