Novo-Shade Duo + Shade, Opacity & Cleanliness Meter
- Measure opacity (hiding power)
- Measures shade on grayscale
- Suitable for measuring coatings or plastic films
- Why buy a Novo-Shade Duo+ and not a spectrophotometer
A versatile solution for reflectometry measurement
The Novo-Shade Duo+ is a portable 45/0° reflectometer that can be used to assess either the shade of a surface (a simple indication of colour based on lightness/darkness) or calculate the opacity of a coating, plastic film or paper sample. By measuring using 45/0°, the Novo- Shade Duo+ measures the colour of a surface and not the specular reflectance (gloss).
To measure the shade of a coating simply place the instrument on the surface of the sample to be measured and press the centre button. The value is displayed on the screen. The shade measurement is based on a greyscale value where black has a value of zero and white is the value of the calibration standard included with the instrument.
To measure the opacity of a coating, it must be drawn down on a Leneta-type opacity chart at the required film weight and allowed to fully dry. To measure the opacity of plastic film, paper, textile or any other semi-opaque material, the sample to be measured should be placed over a black and white test bed, a Leneta-type chart is also suggested.
To measure cleanliness, clear tape is used to collect debris from the surface under test. This is then stuck to any suitable white substrate along with a sample of tape that is perfectly clean.
The instrument is controlled by pressing the relevant touch sensitive buttons. Functionality is dependent on which operating mode the instrument is in.
The Pass/Fail setup screen is used to enable/disable on-screen pass/fail indication and set min/max tolerancing for easy identification and reporting of non-confomances.
- Full colour easy to read screen
- Adjustable brightness
- 5 button touch sensitive interface
- All aluminium construction – enclosure, optics, standard holder
- Integrated calibration holder with in-position detector for error-free calibration
Benefits of using Novo-Shade Duo+
- Continuous-read feature for quickly checking large surfaces (shade measurement only)
- Measurements displayed instantly on screen
- Statistical analysis gives an instant indication of batch quality
- Date and time stamped results
- Automatic calibration with tile validation
- Compatible with all major international standards
- Certified calibration tile with certificate
- USB data cable
- Wrist strap
- Novo-Gloss Multi Gauge software
- Instructional videos
- USB data stick containing:
- Instruction manual
- Bluetooth data app
- Example Excel spreadsheets
|Max, Min, Mean, SD
|On board trend analysis
|Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
17+ hours operation
20,000+ readings per charge
|Mains charger: 4hrs
|ASTM E97, ASTM D4214, ASTM D2805, ASTM D589, BS 3900-D4, BS 3900-D7, DIN 6125, ISO 2814, ISO 6504
|8 MB = 999 readings
User definable alphanumeric batching
USB connection (no software installation required)
Operating temperature 15°C - 40°C (60°F - 104°F)
Humidity up to 85% (non-condensing)
|Dimension & Weights
|Measurement Spot Size
|15mm x 10mm elipse
|65mm (H) x 140mm (W) x 50mm (D)
|180mm (H) x 330mm (W) x 280mm (D)
|0 = Black – no reflectance
100 = Brilliant white – full reflectance
|0 = Completely transparent
100 = Fully opaque
|0 = No change
100 = Maximum change
Free extended warranty
Free extended 2 year warranty: Requires registration at www.rhopointinstruments.com/help-services/forms-feedback/instrument-registration/ within 28 days of purchase. Without registration, 1 year standard warranty applies.
Calibration and service
Fast and economic service via our global network of accredited calibration and service centres. Please visit www.rhopointinstruments.com/help-services/calibration-servicing/ for detailed information.